i had a wonderful week. focusing is really really really hard, but i have been belssed to see so many miracles.
have i ever told you guys that our investigators are AWESOME?! (probably not... im so bad at sending good emails.) well, they are. this week we got a new one, her name is Lucia. She is adorable. She lives with her single mother in a villa (that took foooorever to find by the way). she is partially blind and has the purest spririt. literally, i wanted to tell her that i think she is so pure but i didnt want ot sound like a creeper. we drank peppermint tea and ate tangerines and she told us about her boyfriend and how she wants to learn about our church. i have been so blessed on my mission to meet some of the most beautiful people in this world.
heres a story from this week- we got caught in crazy bad weather on monday. (the first snow of the winter... on december 1st! so fitting.)
so we ended up on a bus that didnt go where we thought it was going to go... (that happens a lot... its not our fault we swear.) then we ended up in hungduk area on a road with not a moving car in sight. some accident. u turn. another trafficy road and a car stuck in the snow. our sweet busdriver got out and helped push this car with a few other men. 10 minutes later he comes back and tries to drive but our bus was stuck.. bad.
after time passed my companion and i got worried because we have a curfew and we all want to return safely home, so we say a quiet prayer together in the back of the bus and ask heavenly father to help the bus to move. 10 minutes of burning rubber and people start yelling to get off the bus cause people have places to go. my companion i were the only ones on the there, until we realize that people left their bags on their seats- we realized that people were beggin to get off the bus so that they could help- we yell for the busdriver to let us off too and we join a random group of strangers, young and old, at the back of a dirty city bus on a road of pure black ice and we push the bus all the way to the corner. it was the craziest thing. we all cheered and smiled when we pushed all the way to the corner.
when we got back on the bus my companion and i talked about how interesting it was that God didnt answer our prayers in the way that we wanted him to.. but he did answer them. he helped the bus to move, but he wanted us to be the instruments in pushing it.
we ending up getting home close to eleven because we were the only set of missionaries stranded out in the snow. crazy night, and crazy miracle. God is an interesting teacher.
i love you all! talk to you next week and then the next... well, ill see you at home :)
love, sister kelsey rae pappaa super awkward picture of me and idasurs. she is adorable.
i picked some dying flowers out of a field and then tied them with string. i thought they were beautiful.
this is me and sister collyer trying to decide how to drop an investigator. when all else fails, hide from your problems underneath your comforter.
the extent of missioanry humor.
1&2 late birthday pictures. i had to bake them in muffin tins cause we dont have a cake pan. sister kinikini bacame addicted. 'they dont have these in hawaii.....' (as she inhales them)
3. this is how we dress in the wonter of korea.
4. i was sitting on sister jensons yo just chatting and sister colllyer tackles me like were in a football game. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH MY COMPANION
ive been on a baking kick lately. these are punpkin muffins for thanksgiving breakfast. also banana muffins have been made and homeade tortillas. (that was a horrible sentence...)
it snowed. had no idea this picture was being taken. apparently this is what i normally look like...
had to work on my upside down korean reading skills.... STUPID BUS STOP
got on a bus and ended up at an air force base... whoops. #alwayslost
when my companion puts her hood up she looks like dora the explorer. hahahahahahahahahaah
1. had mission tour this week with elder aoyagi (dont know how to spell that...) is was awesome and really spiritual but im gonna talk about it in my homecoming talk so i sont wanna spoil the stories. rode a train home and it was sister collyers first time! she was so happy. had a jeonju reunion with all my favorite jeonju zone friends. i miss them so much.
2. braiding brownies hair.
3. last night three families threw me a goodbye party. even my grammy came! i sat with her in sacrament and whispered yeleld (old people..) youre going and i hate it!!! i held her hand for the next twenty minutes. we played yoot and ate dukgook. i love them all with all my hear.=t.
1. love from the sangdang sisters!
2. korean kids. i taught them how to make snowflakes and i was SO impressed with how many cool ones they made,