this week was crazy. sister collyer and i could only meet with two of our investigators, sister pak and her daughter camilla. they are progressing really nicely! sister pak is catholic and her daughter is christian, so its interesting to be teaching a family with two different religions, but they both are really interested in learning about this gospel. we showed them the restoration movie this past week and it was awesome- when we turned the lights back on in the room sister pak was wiping her eyes and the spirit was strong. i seriously love the joseph smith movie so much.
because we werent meeting with a lot of investigators this week we had a few less active visits which were SO good, one was with a new zealander and his korean wife- both return missionaries. sister marsden and i tried for a whole transfer to get an appointment with them but they are always sick or busy- bt with some prayers and some renewed focus on their family we were able to get in! The sweet sister served in temple square and shared some of the coolest stories from her mission- like the first time that she saw the prophet. we died laughing. she said that she pressed he body up against the wall, prayed to heavenly father that she didnt think she was worthy enough to see him, and then just started bawling. hahah 'it was like meeting JESUS you guys.' she is hilarious and i cant wait for the missionaries to establish more of a solid relationship with her.
another visit we had was with a less active grandmother named sister yoon. she literally is on her deathbed and is SO sick, we visit her every week. we had ourt usual weekly visit with her, but the next day as my companion and i were walking through the rain to an appointment i had a strong feeling that we needed to visit her again. i knew that it didnt make any sense but i told me compnaion. As missionaries, we seriously egt spiritual promptings to do the weirdest things, and sometimes we dont kjnow if its the spirit or our crazy missioneary brain, but my sweet companion didnt question my thought and so we started to go to her house, and then quicker and then quicker, and by the time we approached her door we were practically running up the stairs as the feeling of urgency grew in my heart. i didnt know where this was coming from, but my companion and i were both incredibly afraid that we were going to find the worst. when we barged in the door the sweet old woman wasnt bedridden, like she usually is, but she was sitting at her computer screen playing ..... online checkers. as i was panitng i started mnuttering in korean that i recieved a feeling that we needed to visit her right then. she looked at me and smiled, and then had me help her into her old rockign chair and i redid her hair because it was all over her face and i wanted to make her feel better. we were all silent as i pulled her tangled white hair into her usual two pigtails, and i literally felt so peaceful about it all- maybe it wasnt an emergency, but i truly think that god wanted her to know that even if she was sick and bedridden, there were people who really cared about her and loved her. those ten minutes in her home menat so much to me.
i love you all! im so grateful for this time of year- thanksgiving! i cant believe this time of year is here again, but i really hope that you all enjoy it and remember all the blessings that our Father in Heaven has given to us.
picture stories of the week-
1. my companion and i have switched mittens in order to run a test on whose are the warmest. ingnore the fact that you can totally see my garments in this picture.
2. "cease to cough"- sister kinikini. update- the doctors meds worked! i am free of this cough, and so is my beloved companion.
3.we ran out of toilet paper in our house. and sister collyer had to go potty. obvious solution- buy some at the mart near our house. long story short, we had to buy these tissues, which costed sister collyer 10 dollars.hahahahahahahahh rollingonthe floor laughing.
5. fall is beautiful. thats why its my favorite.
7. there are these gigantic leaf trees all over this city. we finally took pictures with them.
9. a classic street proselyting experience. i shouldnt have taken a picture of this but this lady was not accepting the gospel so i did it anway. whoops.
12. fact a- we all know that this coat is ugly. its a long story about why im wearing it. ill tell you later. the point is that my companion and i accidentally bought 2 dozen krispy kreme donuts......... and we didnt regret it all.
14. this was the time that we got lost in a shigor area called wonpyung and had no idea where we were. we were dying laughing. im pretty sure it was not even in our zone..... whoops.
15. i had this crazy idea to do a 25 days of christmas with our apartment.... my companion and i worked our butts off at making 100 of these ornaments. shout out to the best scissor user i know! sister collyer was such a champ.