Saturday, September 7, 2013

Leaving the MTC finally!

I dont have much time to write this, this day has been SO BUSY! Why you may ask? BECAUSE ON MONDAY I AM GOING TO KOREA!!!!!! (Insert applause here)
The time has flown by but I cannot wait to get out into the wide world again; There is so much of it that I have missed.
I have learned SO much here- about myself, the gospel, my Savior Jesus Christ and what it means to be a true disciple of Christ.
I feel so blessed to have been able to be in this place and to learn all that I have.

Not much has happened, we survived 9 1/2 torturous hours of in field orientation, started packing, (thanks for the luggage mom and dad! 5 countries later and i must retire my polka dotted ones to the free bin. thank you thank you thank you for my beautiful new black ones. they are so pretty, and i love you both so much.) recieved our BEAUTIFUL Korean Tags, and spent our last Tuesday night devotional singing the prettiest arrangement of "Sweet Hour of Prayer". 
I have loved every minute of this week and am going to miss this place, I'll admit.
I'll miss the birds that hop around from place to place, eating crumbs of Clif Bars.
I'll miss the way the Elder Betty made a Rice Krispies milkshake every Wednesday.
I'll miss the Elders in my zone playing "Lets see how many tater tots we can throw in Pappas soup" 
I'll miss playing four square.
And reading the Book of Mormon with my companion.
And the list that the Elders in my District gifted me this week of "Pappa Moments" with 121 Tally marks written neatly in pencil; that they have accumulated over the last nine weeks.
I will miss my companion and her sweet disposition, and her incredible patience that she has unconditionally offered me, in every single moment of being with me.

I will miss it all, but am SO excited to get to Korea and use what I have learned here.

I love you all to the moon and back.
XO, Sister Pappa

No comments:

Post a Comment