Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 16, 2014


Ive found that in every moment of every day there are 12,000 things to complain about, but Im trying harder to change the way I think so that I can be more positive and draw more joy from my expereiences as a missionary, whether someone else thinks I deserve that or not.
 
after i just ended the comment about not complaining anymore, I am going to go against what I just said for like 10 seconds and throw this out there- WHAT IS IT WITH MISSIONARIES NOT SEPERATING THEIR LAUNDRY?!?!? oh my good heavens. they just throw in their darks towels and garments all together and think their clothes look fine. im sorry HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR GARMENTS?! seriously. like, this is the least of my worries in life right but it is really crazy that thir mothers didnt teach them to seperate their laundry. some peoples kids.

A few notes about our investigators-
.The Dentist investogato was progressing SOO well and had a baptismal date but suddenly dropped us when he got really busy with work (this was a few weeks ago) i was so heartbroken cause the next day we dropped Sister Han. This is the third transfer we have been teaching her and she is just not moving forward. I was really sad for a few days bt was actually grateful for what I was feeling because it proved to me that the Lord is blessing me with true love for the people that I am teching. I am grateful that I can feel this way.
.we have the cutest new investigator. his name is yoonyunghyun. (korean names look so weird in English.) He is so kind. His mother owns a restaurant in this super quiet end of town that I love. I think its just the two of them. They are so sweet. Right now he is primarily English Interest but we are hoping the he will transition in gospel. He has a lot of potential and I love the kid already.
 
the stresses of this week were in abundance, like always. i couldnt eat a lot. but i amn finding little ways to make myself feel better. one of them is showering twice a day! I feel like Casey. Also, frozen bananas are really good for upset stomachs and being sick from stress, which is like every day of my life.
I lost our phone this week on a bus. Haha my companion was going to KILL ME. its really funny now. I still havent figured out all the details on how the branch presdient somehow ended up with it. I tried to ask my companion but she was reluctant to talk to me at that time. oh the joys of companionships!
speaking of, as i was paying before bed one night this week, i said 'Heavenly Father, please bless all the missionraies that are learnign a foreign language, are homesick, or have companionship problems. *pause* And that should be allll.... the missioanaries." I feel like Heavnely Father probably laughed at that.
 
Hey, I love all of you. Thank you for the constant support and love tht you offer to me. Im sorry that basically all the time I am just selfish and compain about my problems and such. I had that really painful realization this week as I was pondering how I write my emails this week. Im really sorry! I am trying hard to do better.
 
Oh, and if anyone gets the itch to send me something, I could sure could use toothpaste and some flossing threaders. (I cant find them anywhere here!)
 
lovelove lovelove  you.
sista kelsey pappa

No comments:

Post a Comment